The recently published articles below were written by reputable RI car accident lawyer, David Slepkow who explains the different legal aspects of personal injury law and financial compensation. This valuable information provides insight into understanding many legal options to successfully resolve your case while seeking justice and financial compensation for your damages.
RI car accident lawyer authored articles:
While every personal injury case is unique, there are general answers to common FAQs (frequently asked questions) to help you better understand how to handle your case. This RI Injury Law FAQ article explains what to do if you are involved in an automobile accident. The article explains how to determine the value of your case for compensation and the restrictions of filing your claim or suit based on the Rhode Island statute of limitations. In addition, the article will answer what to do if the individual or entity responsible for your damages has no insurance and how you can still obtain financial compensation for your injuries if you are struck by a hit-and-run driver.
Premises liability claims for compensation like those involving slip and fall accidents, community pool drownings, dog bites and retail store liability cases are complex. This article defines premises liability under RI (Rhode Island) law. In addition, the article outlines the most frequently pursued claims for compensation involving slip and fall cases, premises liability lawsuits and personal injuries caused by the negligent disregard of owners and holders of property.
The article details the most common places where slip and fall accidents occur and why property owners are legally liable to pay compensation to the victim. Readers learn valuable information concerning comparative negligence in personal injury cases to determine the level of responsibility of all parties involved in a premise liability lawsuit. website
This RI Personal Injury Law article provides information on how to determine the true value of a suit or claim filed for compensation after being involved in an accident. The article informs the reader what to bring to an initial consultation to discuss the case including information the attorney will need from the victim to evaluate the claim’s monetary value.
The reader learns why it is necessary to hire an experienced Rhode Island personal injury attorney. The article explainsw what will happen during the initial consultation. What to expect if the lawyer negotiates an out of court settlement on their behalf. What happens if a lawyer must take the case to trial. The article also outlines the entire process of filing and resolving a claim or lawsuit for compensation and how much upfront money is required to pay an attorney to handle the case.
In many cases, personal injury victims will hire a new attorney to replace a previous attorney who provided unsatisfactory results. By law, the prior RI car accident attorney is required to turn the entire legal file over to the new law firm. This article explains how the previous Rhode Island personal injury attorney will be paid for their legal services provided before they were terminated. What types of compensation cases that are handled on contingency? The article informs readers of what happens if the prior car accident attorney in RI and the new Providence car crash lawyer cannot reach an agreement on how to adequately divide legal fees.
The moments following a Rhode Island car accident tend to be confusing, overwhelming and uncertain. If you suffered injuries and damages, you are likely wondering what steps to take to heal completely and receive compensation for your losses. It is crucial that you retain a Rhode Island personal injury attorney. A car accident lawyer in RI will help you get the compensation and justice that you deserve.
Should you take photographs of the accident scene or express your opinions as to what happened? The following do’s and don’ts are listed below to ensure you protect your rights for compensation. They include:
• Don’t Wait to Receive Medical Care after an accident
–If you believe you were injured IN ANY WAY in a car, truck or motorcycle accident then seek immediate medical attention. This is because the adrenaline rush and heightened experience of being involved in an accident can easily mask serious internal harm, even if nothing externally seems to be broken, cut or injured. If you, or anyone else at the accident scene, are suffering from injuries, call 911 immediately.
• Do Call the Police Right Away
– It is crucial to your case for compensation to have the accident formally documented. Law enforcement will gather facts, speak to eyewitnesses and file a report that can be used for legal purposes. Not calling the police can make it significantly harder when you are left with your word against what is said by others.
• Do Exchange Pertinent Information – It is crucial to gather as much information about other parties involved in the accident including their names, phone number and addresses. If the RI car accident involves another vehicle, be sure to collect the license plate number, driver’s insurance information, insurance coverage information and the other vehicle’s make, model and year along with the driver’s license numbers and registration of the other parties.
• Do Remain at the Scene and take pictures– Leaving the accident scene before police and emergency services arrive might make it appear as though you are a hit-and-run offender. Additionally, it is important that the other vehicle remain at the scene until the police arrive. This is because accident victims often given false information and bogus insurance numbers. It is crucial that you take pictures of the scene of the RI motor vehicle wreck and all automobiles involved.
• Don’t Panic and Keep Quiet – Taking a deep breath and remain calm. This will help keep your mind clear and make it easier to remember to remain quiet with the others involved in the accident as to exactly what happened.
• Don’t Sign Any Documents – Within a day or two after the accident, claims adjusters working for insurance companies will begin the process of resolving your case by offering you a low settlement amount. In many cases, the inadequate offered settlement is too low to pay for your medical expenses, lost time away from work, the inability to work in the future, damaged vehicle repairs and intangible damages including pain and suffering. Do not sign anything or accept anything until you have retained a personal injury lawyer in RI.
• Do call a Rhode Island Personal Lawyer – The sooner you consult with a RI car accident attorney, the quicker investigators can gather valuable evidence necessary to support your claim for financial compensation. Additionally, all claims for compensation must be filed before the state statute of limitations expires.
• Don’t Wait to Get Legal Advice – If you wait too long to obtain legal advice, counsel and representation, it may be extremely challenging to prove your case to hold responsible parties financially accountable for the injuries, losses and damages they have caused.
motor vehicle traffic crashes
Following the do’s and don’ts above can ensure that your rights are protected. Reputable Providence auto accident lawyers or Rhode Island car accident attorneys handle these vehicle car accident injury cases on contingency where their fees are only paid out of a successful trial award or through a negotiated out-of-court settlement.
“A statistical projection of traffic fatalities for 2015 shows that an estimated 35,200 people died in motor vehicle traffic crashes. This represents an increase of about 7.7 percent as compared to the 32,675 fatalities that were reported to have occurred in 2014, as shown in Table 1. If these projections are realized, fatalities will be at the highest level since 2008, when 37,423 fatalities were reported. Preliminary data reported by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) shows that vehicle miles traveled (VMT) in 2015 increased by about 107.2 billion miles, or about a 3.5-percent increase. Also shown in Table 1 are the fatality rates per 100 million VMT, by quarter.” U.S. Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration : TRAFFIC SAFETY FACTS- Crash • Stats , Early Estimate of Motor Vehicle Traffic Fatalities in 2015
Statistics and Citations:
“According to the Centers for Disease Control, accidents (unintentional injuries) are the 5th leading cause of death in the United States. Transportation accidents account for 31.9 percent of the accidental deaths reported in 2010. Motor vehicle accidents or highway fatalities are responsible for the largest share, accounting for 93 percent of transportation-related deaths. 3 However, motor vehicle crashes have been trending downward, decreasing by 20.2 percent over the past 10 years, which has resulted in fewer motor vehicle fatalities and injuries.4 Many safety factors, including the safety measures, have contributed to this decline. United States Department of Transportation (DOT), Office of the assistant Secretary for Research and Technology
Legal Notice per the RI Rules of Professional Responsibility:
The Rhode Island Supreme Court licenses all lawyers and attorneys in the general practice of law, but does not license or certify any lawyer / attorney as an expert or specialist in any field of practice. While this firm maintains joint responsibility, most truck accident, motorcycle crash, pedestrian injury and other accident causes of action are referred to other attorneys for principle responsibility.