Sadly, automobile accidents are an all too common occurrence and studies indicate that most Rhode Island crashes occur within five miles of home. The most potential cause of a vehicle accident usually involves negligence, traffic gridlock, driving recklessly, speeding, and unsafe driving practices to name just a few. Some of the most serious RI auto accidents causing catastrophic injuries and death happen on city side roads and parking lots. if you were involved in a car accident in Rhode Island then you should contact a Rhode Island personal injury lawyer. A top Rhode Island personal injury attorney will help you get the compensation that you are entitled to. The 10 most common types of car accidents involve:
• Rear End automobile Collisions and accidents
When a car strikes the back of a vehicle ahead, it is often the result of distraction, inattention or sudden deceleration without adequate time to brake or slow down. Rear end collisions can cause serious injuries including whiplash that affect both passengers and drivers riding in the impacted vehicle. Usually, the fault of the accident is placed on the driver who rear ends the vehicle ahead. website
Sideswiping usually happens when two vehicles traveling parallel will touch, collide or crash into each other. Many times, one or both vehicles are damaged only slightly unless one motorist loses control prior to the accident.
• Side Impact accident or Collision
Broadside, “T-bone” or side-impact collisions usually happen when one vehicle runs a stop sign or red light. These types of providence, Warwick or Cranston collisions are typically caused when the front of one vehicle impacts the side, rear or front of another vehicle or fixed object. The vehicle damage to both vehicles is commonly quite extensive and injuries tend to be catastrophic, especially to passengers and drivers inside the vehicle struck by the approaching car.
• Vehicle Rollovers
Driving or riding in a vehicle that rolls over in Rhode Island can be both frightening and dangerous. This is because rollovers cause the vehicle to flip over on its roof or side. While any type of car or truck can roll over, the highest incident rates of rollover accidents occur in SUVs or other vehicles with a higher center of gravity than most passenger cars.
• Unexpected Lane Change Collision
Staying attentive is crucial to everyone safety when operating a vehicle on any road. This means continually checking side mirrors, monitoring speed and looking in the rearview mirror, especially before making an unexpected lane change that could cause vehicles to collide.
Many fatalities in Providence occur when drivers run red lights. For many motorists, a red light does not necessarily mean stop.
• Head on Crashes – Most head-on accidents at high speed are fatal. This is because the accelerated speed of both vehicles crashing head-on into one another is exponentially higher than when a vehicle crashes into a fixed object.
• Multi-Vehicle Collision – Pile-ups and other multi-vehicle collisions tend to happen on busy highways, side streets and roadways. When these accidents occur at high speed, injuries tend to be catastrophic. In some situations, it is challenging to determine who exactly caused the accident and what factors played a part in the collision.
• Single Car Accident – Oddly enough, many accidents involve just a single vehicle that strikes a fixed object like a wall, fire hydrant, tree or pole. Many fatalities occur in single car accidents when the vehicle strikes a bicycle or pedestrian.
• Hit-and-Run Crash – These types of accidents involve accidents where one or more motorists leave the scene. In many incidences, it is very challenging to identify the vehicle or the hit-and-run driver just after the collision.
Staying Safe in the Ocean State | accidents in ri
Avoiding dangerous Rhode Island car crashes usually requires following common rules of the road. This includes looking both ways for any approaching vehicle and giving the right-of-way to others especially at stop signs and red lights. Traveling at a safe speed by following the posted speed limit can save your life, the lives of your passengers and those sharing the roadway with you.
Depending on the circumstances of the Barrington, Bristol or Warren accident with damages, injuries or fatalities, litigating a motor vehicle accident for compensation in providence Superior Court can be complex. A reputable Rhode Island personal injury attorney or RI car accident lawyer who specializes in these types of cases will generally handle a claim for compensation on contingency, meaning no upfront fees are required.
Vehicular crash statistics
“Rear-end crashes are one of the frequently occurring types of crashes. It is becoming increasingly apparent that in order to develop effective rear-end crash countermeasures, it is important to understand the driving behavior and performance of a driver prior to a rear-end crash. ” U.S. Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration DRIVER ATTRIBUTES AND REAR-END CRASH INVOLVEMENT PROPENSITY Published By: National Center for Statistics and Analysis Advanced Research and Analysis
“Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death in the first three decades of American’s lives. In 2009 alone, crashes killed over 33,000 people and injured another 2.2 million—more than 70% of these were in passenger vehicles and trucks.1 More than half of the people killed in car crashes were not restrained at the time of the crash.1 Wearing a seat belt is the most effective way to prevent death and serious injury in a crash.” Source: The Center for Disease Control and Prevention, “cdc