David Slepkow is an experienced Rhode Island Divorce lawyer, with 20 years experience in Providence Family Court representing clients in family law matters and disputes. He concentrates in RI child Custody law, family law, divorce in RI, paternity, post divorce motions, child support, visitation, alimony, restraining orders, relocation out of state, and out of state family law issues.David Slepkow is one of the top divorce lawyers in ri. RI Divorce Attorney, David Slepkow has an informative and extensive Family Law blog which can be found here: www.rhodeislanddivorcelawyerarticles.com
Rhode Island Child Custody attorney, David Slepkow is a member of the bar in both Rhode Island (RI) and Massachusetts (MA). David is honored to have earned a “superb” rating from AVVO (10 out of 10). He was a member of The Federal Court First Circuit District of RI from 1998-2014.
Rhode Island divorce attorney David Slepkow’s lawyer reviews and ratings can be found here. More reviews and ratings of RI child custody lawyer here.
David is honored to be sworn in as a member of the United States Supreme Court Bar.
David has substantial experience representing clients in Family Court appeals before the RI Supreme Court. In the Rhode Island divorce case of Roger v. Rogers, David won a Supreme Court decision in a 5-0 unanimous decision in favor of his client. This case affirmed the right of clients to move out of Rhode Island during the course of their divorce and still obtain a divorce in Rhode Island.
In practice since 1997, David prides himself on being able to adapt to a particular client’s desires.
He is aware that some clients want to work out an amicable settlement with a spouse while other clients want aggressive legal representation. David can be a firm negotiator, a deal maker or a zealous advocate on behalf of his clients, depending on the client’s desires. Rhode Island Child Custody Attorney David Slepkow has authored many informative, extensive and in depth Rhode Island Law Articles related to Rhode Island Family Law.
For a list of All Divorce Law Articles by David Slepkow, please visit: Rhode Island Divorce Law Articles by a RI Divorce Attorney.For an extensive list of Family Law Articles by RI Divorce Attorney David Slepkow, please go to the following Law Articles: Rhode Island Family Law Articles. For a complete list of Child Custody Articles please review: Child Custody Law Articles by a RI Child Custody Lawyer. David Slepkow has set forth answers to Pertinent Child Support Law Issues at: Rhode Island Child Support Law Articles.
Rhode Island divorce lawyer | divorce lawyers in ri
A “one-size fits all” strategy will not work in Rhode Island family law or in Providence Family Court. A Rhode Island Family Law Lawyer must be adept at helping clients in both highly contentious litigated matters and amicable out of court settlements. Our firm balances these interests and makes every effort to accommodate out of state clients who are unable to come to Rhode Island for client meetings. Please review the frequently asked questions about Rhode Island Child Support and Post Divorce Do’s and Don’ts prepared by Rhode Island Family Attorney, David Slepkow.
Rhode Island Lawyer David Slepkow has written over 50 RI law Articles pertaining to Rhode Island Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support, Criminal law, Expungement and Rhode Island Personal Injury Law. To find these articles please visit: Rhode Island Law Articles
This firm provides services in the following areas of family law:
- RI divorce (non-contested and contested)
- child support contempt proceedings
- child support modification and termination (motions to modfy or terminate)
- property settlement agreements (enforcement and interpretation)
- divorce lawyers in ri
- Providence child support lawyers
- East Providence Family Court lawyer
- divorce, child custody and family law mediation
- visitation disputes and motions to modify parenting time
- divorce lawyers in ri
- interstate child support, visitation, divorce and child custody law matters
- child custody law in ERhode Island and Providence Plantations
- alimony / spousal support in Rhode Island
- restraining orders (ro) / domestic violence (dv) /no contact orders (nco)
- criminal matters relating to family law. domestic assault, domestic disorderly conduct
- out of state relocation
- father’s rights, parental alienation
- out of state child support and family law issues
- paternity.establishing and deying paternity
- grandparents visitation rights, sibling visitation
- enforcement of final judgment and court orders /contempt motions
- real estate issues concerning divorce and family law
- equitable division of assets, devt, retirement accounts and pensions in a divorce
- drafting and negotiating prenuptial agreements and property settlement agreements
- motions to terminate, modify or increase child support
- dcyf matters (Department Children Youth and Families litigation)
- Rhode Island divorce lawyer
- RI child custody attorneys
We provide representation for Family Law clients in all areas of Rhode Island (RI) including: East Providence, Providence, Pawtucket, Johnston, Barrington, Bristol, Warren, Cranston, Warwick, Newport, South Kingstown, North Kingstown, Woonsocket, Cumberland, Johnston, Wakefield, Middletown, Portsmouth etc.
Free initial consultation . Reasonable and affordable rates. Weekend and evening appointments available. All major credit cards accepted. Flat rate nominal non-contested divorces offered. We at Slepkow, Slepkow & Associates also have five other lawyers to assist you in your real estate, business and corporate law, probate law and zoning law legal needs.
Statistics and legal citations
“The estimated number of divorces granted in December 1997 was 104,000 compared with 94,000 divorces granted in December a year earlier. The divorce rate per 1,000 population for December increased from 4.2 in 1996 to 4.5 in 1997. The cumulative number of divorces granted in 1997 was 1,163,000, 1 percent more than the number for 1996 (1,150,000). The divorce rate per 1,000 population for 1997 was the same as the rate for 1996 (4.3), the lowest divorce rate in over two decades (3). The divorce rate per 1,000 married women 15 years of age and over was 19.8 in 1997, 2 percent higher than the rate for 1996, (19.5)” Births, Marriages, Divorces, and Deaths for 1997 Provisional Data From the CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION/National Center for Health Statistics Vol. 46, No. 12 + July 28, 1998 http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/mvsr/mv46_12.pdf
Divorce, divorce lawyer in Rhode Island, divorce lawyers in ri and Family Law Links: