Highway accidents, motor vehicle accident and collisions on roads and streets in Rhode Island and Providence Plantations have a way of coming on suddenly and ruining the day. Every highway accident or road crash in RI is different, but most follow certain patterns.
Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Rhode Island
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident in Rhode Island and Providence Plantations then you should contact one of the best Rhode Island personal injury lawyers or a top Providence car accident attorney to help you get the compensation you are entitled to for your injuries.
Rear End Collision
A sudden braking of a first car results in a motor vehicle accident collision. The driver following the first car may be cited for inattentive driving, texting and driving or driving too fast for conditions. If the first driver files a claim, the second driver is usually found responsible. Unusual conditions, such as the first driver being in reverse, in the process of backing up unexpectedly, would give the second driver a legitimate case.
This type of accident usually results in injuries, some serious. A ‘T-Bone’ accident in Rhode Island happens when the side of a vehicle is struck, usually by an oncoming car. Failure of a car to stop properly at a stop sign or traffic signal and wait for the right of way to be clear is often the cause of a broadside car crash in Rhode Island. A vehicle running a red light is another. Assigning liability in such a case is not always easy. Do not be deterred when filing a claim for resulting injuries and damages.
Rollover crash in RI
A vehicle traveling at high speed attempts a sharp curve or turn. Sport Utility Vehicles are most often involved in this type of accident, due to their high, boxy design. Injuries result from being tumbled around in the vehicle or being thrown onto the highway. Causes of the rollover, such as speed, manufacturing flaws or highway conditions, will determine the outcome of rollover legal claims.
Sideswipe collision | motor vehicle accident
If neither driver loses control of a vehicle, this Providence accident is usually a matter of vehicular damage and determining cost of repairs.
Single car accident in Rhode Island
A car leaves the road and strikes signs, telephone poles, cement barriers or buildings. Single car accidents are seldom ‘single’ as they may involve multiple incidents of property damage, injury to bystanders and injury to passengers in the vehicle. There are a number of potentially liable parties in single-car accidents, including vehicle manufacturers and road maintenance.
Head on collision
This is the spectacular crash often depicted in film, and often fatal in real time. Vehicles coming from opposite directions crash front first. The impact is very great, and passengers and driver may be killed or seriously injured. The person at fault usually attempted to pass another car in an area of restricted vision.
Motor vehicle accident pile-up
Pile-ups occur on busy freeways when vision is obstructed by darkness, fog or rain. One car is rear-ended, and a line of other cars follows suit. Results are a pile of vehicles with cars being hit multiple times. If a driver attempts to escape the scene on foot, he is usually run over by another car. Risks of injury and death are very great for this kind of accident. Due to multiple involvements, determining fault is very difficult in a pile-up accident.
Motor vehicle accident lawyers specialize in handling legal cases related to accidents involving motor vehicles. These accidents can vary widely in nature, and motor vehicle accident lawyers are equipped to assist individuals in a variety of situations. Some common types of motor vehicle accidents that these lawyers handle include:
- Car Accidents: These are the most common type of motor vehicle accidents. Car accident lawyers can help individuals who have been involved in collisions with other cars, trucks, or motorcycles.
- Truck Accidents: Accidents involving large commercial trucks, such as tractor-trailers and delivery trucks, often result in severe injuries or fatalities. Lawyers who specialize in truck accidents understand the unique regulations and challenges associated with these cases.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycle accidents can be particularly dangerous due to the lack of protection for riders. Lawyers who focus on motorcycle accidents are experienced in handling cases involving motorcycles and scooters.
- Bicycle Accidents: These accidents involve collisions between bicycles and motor vehicles. Lawyers in this field can help injured cyclists seek compensation for their injuries.
- Pedestrian Accidents: When pedestrians are struck by motor vehicles, pedestrian accident lawyers can assist in pursuing legal claims against the responsible parties.
- Bus Accidents: Accidents involving public or private buses can be complex due to the involvement of transportation companies and government entities. Lawyers specializing in bus accidents can help victims seek compensation.
- Uber and Lyft Accidents: Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft have their own unique legal considerations. Lawyers in this field can assist passengers, drivers, and other parties involved in rideshare accidents.
- Hit and Run Accidents: Hit and run accidents occur when a driver leaves the scene of the accident without identifying themselves. Lawyers can help victims navigate legal options, including uninsured motorist claims.
- DUI/DWI Accidents: Accidents involving drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs often result in criminal charges as well as civil lawsuits. Lawyers in this field can help victims seek compensation and hold impaired drivers accountable.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims: Some drivers do not have insurance or have insufficient coverage. Motor vehicle accident lawyers can help victims with uninsured/underinsured motorist claims to recover compensation.
- Multi-Vehicle Pileups: In cases of large multi-vehicle accidents, lawyers are needed to navigate the complex web of liability issues and ensure victims receive the compensation they deserve.
- Rear-End Collisions: Rear-end collisions are common, and lawyers can help the rear-ended party prove liability and seek compensation.
- Intersection Accidents: Accidents that occur at intersections can involve disputes over right of way and liability. Lawyers can assist victims in these situations.
- Rollover Accidents: Rollover accidents, especially in SUVs and trucks, can lead to serious injuries. Lawyers can help victims in these cases seek compensation from the responsible parties.
- T-bone Collisions: Side-impact collisions, often called T-bone accidents, can result in severe injuries. Lawyers can help victims establish fault and pursue compensation.
Motor vehicle accident lawyers provide legal representation and assistance to victims of these various types of accidents. They work to help clients obtain compensation for medical expenses, property damage, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other damages resulting from the accidents.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a highway accident or need to file a mesothelioma lawsuit, you need strong legal advice. Contacting a Rhode Island personal injury attorney experienced in representing those involved in car, motorcycle, truck or bus accidents is a vital first step. Please call a RI car accident lawyer today to make an appointment and discuss your case with a Providence auto crash lawyer experienced in automobile accident representation.